„Despite a large number of interventions made every year, my sole objective I am also able to attain is the maximum satisfaction of operated patients.“
The renowned plastic surgeon, recognized specialist, one of our best plastic surgeons, full of incredible energy. This is how people write and speak about the Chief Surgeon at the Esthé Clinic Jan Měšťák, whose name has become a synonym for a plastic surgeon in the Czech Republic.
During his career, he has helped thousands of patients including more than 2500 satisfied women benefiting from nose surgery or rhinoplasty to have the quality of their lives improved.
Jan Měšťák is a graduate of the Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague. After his postgraduate certification in general surgery, he has worked at the Clinic of Plastic Surgery of the Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague, for more than 20 years, where he was also awarded a degree of associate professor.
- Chief Surgeon at the Esthé private clinic in Prague (from 1997)
- Head of the Department of Plastic Surgery, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University (from 2002)
- Founder and Head of the Clinic of Plastic Surgery of the Hospital Na Bulovce in Prague (from 2002)
- Founder and Head of the Centre for Comprehensive Surgical Treatment for Women with Breast Cancer of the Hospital Na Bulovce (from 2004)
- Head of the Plastic Surgery Division at the Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education in Prague
Membership in societies
- Board Member and 1st Vice Chairman of the Society for Aesthetic Surgery within the Czech Medical Association of Jan Evangelista Purkyně (hereinafter as ČLS JEP)
- Member of the International Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery IPRAS
- Member of the Society for the Use of Lasers in Medicine ČLS JEP
- Member of the Society of Plastic Surgery ČSL JEP
- Member of the Examination Committee for medical postgraduate certification in plastic surgery at the Czech Ministry of Health
- Member of the Accreditation Committee at the Czech Ministry of Health
- Member of the working group at the Czech Ministry of Health
- Member of the international societies for plastic surgery IPRAS, ESPRAS, EBOPRAS
- Member of the Editorial Board of the magazine EVA 35 /project focused on fighting breast cancer/
- Chairman of the Editorial Board of the magazine PULS
- Member of the Scientific Board of the Czech Medical Chamber
- Vice Chairman of the Specialized Council for Plastic Surgery /SOR/ and the Guarantor for plastic surgery at the First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University
- Member of the Czech Medical Association
Publications on plastic surgery
- As author or co-author, Jan Měšťák has published over a 100 specialized texts. He has contributed to several monographs in the field of plastic surgery and participated in educational texts intended for students of medical faculties, as well as in several research projects of the Czech Ministry of Health. For a number of years, he has been active as the secretary of the Main Problem Committee for Plastic Surgery at the Czech Ministry of Health, responsible for science and research.
- Main investigator or co-investigator in 2 grant projects of the Internal Grant Agency of the Ministry of Health expected to be finalized in 2015.
- His most recent publications include, for instance, the following:
- Introduction to Plastic Surgery. Jan Měšťák et al, 2005
- Reconstruction after Mastectomy. Luboš Dražan and Jan Měšťák, 2006
- Breasts in the Eyes of Plastic Surgeon. Jan Měšťák, 2007
- Metamorphoses. Jan Měšťák and Pavla Petráková Slancová, 2007
- Nose in the Eyes of Plastic Surgeon. Jan Měšťák, 2008
- Looking Back – a book of quotations. Jan Měšťák, 2008
- Cosmetic surgery and other Procedures of Aesthetic Medicine. Jan Měšťák et al, 2010
- 2013 - Patron for long-term international financial support for women treated for breast cancer at the Clinic of Plastic Surgery of the Hospital Na Bulovce in order to shorten the excessively long waiting times for breast reconstruction after mastectomy and for BRCA-positive women.
- 2012 - to date - Patron and sponsor of the “Help Me Start in Life…” project focused on young people leaving children’s homes organized by the Dejme dětem šanci (Let's Give Children a Chance) association.
- 2008 - to date- Continued collaboration with the Mamma Help and ONKO Unie associations – lectures, specialized articles and other activities. As part of this activity, he initiated, together with TV-my the movie „LOSS OF BREAST IN NOT THE END OF LIFE“, documenting ways leading to recovery of self-assurance in personal and social life.
- Permanent member of the Jury of the MISS ČR competition from 1993
Do you need advice or wish a consultation? Arrange it directly with Jan Měšťák using the below contact information.
Tel.: +420 222 868 824
This is a concise selection of media, to which Jan Měšťák has given an interview about nose surgery or another plastic surgery field.
These are the office hours of Jan Měšťák. You can visit him for an examination or a prearranged consultation at the Esthé Clinic on the following days:
|Monday||8:00 - 9:00|
|Friday||9:00 - 12:00|
|Monday||7:30 - 8:00|
|Friday||7:30 - 9:00|